Dhikala is the most well known of the popluar tourist destinations in Corbett. It is located at the edge of the broad Patli Dun valley through which the Ramganga flows in numerous channels.
Dhikala offers an awesome uninterrupted panoramic view of the valley, with the Kanda ridge in the backdrop. This sight appears all the more imposing from the watchtower near Dhikala. The Tourist Complex overlooks Dhikala chaur (one of the largest remaining grasslands of the Park) and Phulai chaur. A drive through the numerous trails through chaurs is rewarded with sightings of Tigers. Wild elephants, chital, hog deer and numerous grassland bird species and raptors. The old rest house at Dhikala is a historic structure, having been built over a hundred years ago.
Dhikala Canter Safari :- Canter Safari (Bus Safari) is also a popular way to explore Jim Corbett National Park. Canter safaris can only be done in Dhikala Zone, and it is the only way to explore Dhikala Zone if you are not staying in any FRH (Forest Rest House) - in Dhikala. Canter Safaris are operated by park authorities and can be booked Online. The Canter Safari in Corbett Park can be experienced from 15th Nov till 15th June and it is operated twice a day during this specific period. As seats are limited for canter safari, hence, it advisable to book them in advance.
1. Canter Safari at Corbett Tiger Reserve is possible in Morning and Afternoon Time Only.
2. Timing Might be Little Bit change because of Weather Condition & Season.
3. To book safari all persons name, age, gender and govt. Approved ID required.
4. Please keep your mentioned ID details during you safari tour. It will check at the gate.
5. Canter Safari will book in advance basis. Booking starts 45 days prior to your tour date.
6. If any member extend according to members list in permit so, we are not responsible for extend person entry. you have to talk personally on visiting gate with officers.
7. Visitors Will Be Responsible for own Luggage in Safari Timing or If you loss any thing in safari timing we are not Responsible.
8. As per Jungle safari regulations, once confirmed and booked, the booking amount of Canter Safari is Non-refundable, Non-repalceable and non transferable.